Sins are seven counters of the Seven Deadly Sins that each character must content with. The seven are pride, greed, gluttony, envy, lust, anger, and acedia. The counters for these sins increase automatically and each have their own individual counters that go from 0% to 100%. If any of these counters reaches 100%, they will apply some penalty as well as some boon to the character.
Sins, faith and melancholies are now frozen at sea.
Please be mindful of the following:
- do not take more than 2 confessional booths (times) per day. Be considerate of other sinners in town.
- please pay something to a priest - listening to a confession is their day activity (they can't take another job that day).
- Money from the indulgence purchase disappear in the pits of Hell (i.e. goes somewhere IG, local Parish doesn't see it), if possible avoid buying these. Help your local clergy instead.
Sins: how to become a sinner
It is normal for a sin to increase from one to three points every day. When they increase, the sins are lowering the faith.
Each sin has its own rules and its own rhythm:
- Some In-Game actions are seen as VIRTUOUS and will either prevent a sin from rising or decrease its rate for the following days.
- Some In-Game actions are seen as SINFUL and will increase the rate of a sin for the next few days.
- Case of passive sinners: in some cases, the game will consider that your character is a sinner if you are subjected to some In-Game actions by other characters (very few cases) or because of an In-Game score in some areas.
Sins: penalties and boons
A character current standing in regards to their sinfulness can be checked by clicking on the "Managing Faith and Sins" link on the character sheet.
It has been reported that there is no ill effect until the sins reach 100%, however in order to confess Acedia all other sins must be below 20%.
|Sin||Trigger||Increase rate/ SP (Sinful Points)||Melancholy (100% bar)||Actions|
|I Gluttony||2 sinful active actions||
||Sinful: eating stat food
Virtuous: eating in a tavern
|II Greed||4 virtuous active actions||
||Sinful: too many items on your person or above 500 pounds|
|III Anger||7 sinful passive actions and 1 sinful active action||
||Sinful: wearing a weapon/using axe to cut trees|
|IV Acedia||1 active virtuous action||
||Virtuous: attending a mass|
|V Envy||3 active sinful actions||
|VI Pride||2 sinful passive actions, 1 sinful active action + any action allowing to earn Luxury Points||
||Sinful: being part of a Clan and hiring workers|
|VII Lust||1 passive or active sinful action||
||Sinful: looking at a player's profile of opposite sex, sitting in a tavern with members of opposite sex, checking who is in Town if you are a Lord|