Judicial Cooperation Accord Between the Country of Sussex and Worcester
Whereas Sussex and Worcester recognize the need for cooperation.
Whereas Sussex and Worcester seek to better the stability, security, and prosperity of their respective territories and
Whereas Sussex and Worcester desire to deepen and preserve the long friendship between their peoples,
We, the undersigned, on behalf of our country/county, do enter into a relationship of judicial cooperation by the following terms:
1. If someone has been accused of a crime in one land allied by this accord (the Requesting Signed Party) but is currently in the legal jurisdiction of the other (the Responding Signed Party), then the Responding Signed Party will conduct a criminal trial on behalf of the Requesting Signed Party in accordance with the following procedure:
a) The Public Prosecutor of the Requesting Signed Party will write a Bill of Indictment and present it to the Public Prosecutor of the Responding Signed Party, who will then start the trial.
b) The trial will be conducted in accordance with the laws of the Requesting Signed Party. The verdict and sentence will be written by the Judge of the Responding Signed Party in accordance with the laws of the Requesting Signed Party. Failure to abide by the laws of the Requesting Signed Party is sufficient grounds for appeal.
2. This accord is binding on both parties until canceled.
3. This accord may be canceled by decree of the Count of either party. Said decree must be posted in the public inns and embassies of both lands.
4. Trials that began prior to cancellation will proceed as if the accord were still in effect.
5. A full or partial rewriting of the accord may be enacted by mutual consent of both allied parties.
Signed this day,by his Grace Shawn_math the Count of Sussex, on behalf of the Sussex Council.
Signed this day, Ownage184, the Count of Worcester, on behalf of the Worcester Council.